Sunday, December 20

back from deaths door

Okay so I'm being melodramatic but I was so freaking sick with this awful chest/head cold for the past two days I've done nothing but sleep and read and watch movies. Every joint was aching, I had a fever, I just want to sleep, but then I wasn't tired. So now I'm left with the I'm hacking up an internal organ cough, and I'm done with being sick 'tude. Maybe now my rooms will get clean. (that was my plan for this weekend before I got hijacked)

I've been in the worst of moods, so I didn't feel like blogging because everything I could think of was a complaint.
 So I am going to do mini book reviews.
Vanishing Acts--- Very well written, slightly disturbing content, not for children. About a child who finds out she was kidnapped by her father.
When the Crickets cry --- Unique writing style that leaves lots to the imagination in a good way, about a little girl who needs a heart transplant and the community who loves her dearly.
Angels in Pink --- Classic make me cry story, about teenagers who help at a hospital.
The wal-mart effect - Very good look at the cost of walmart, the good and the bad. Easy and enjoyable to read.

On my to read list
Take One -Karen Kingsbury
Why Mexican's don't drink Molson
The Myth of Ability
The Lovers Knot
Perelandra - C.S.Lewis
Smart Cookie making more dough.

Edit:  My brother is laughing at me for being such a nerd and reading so much.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

yay! i like book reviews :)

Rudee said...

I hope you feel better, soon. It sounds like you had the flu.

Smellyann said...

Hope you're feeling better very soon! Me and the kids are all sick, too. Stinks, right before Christmas!

Rositta said...

Sounds like you had H1N1 actually. Hope you feel better soon...ciao

Gwen said...

Hey, I've been reading some of these same books lately! Let us know what you think about the Mexicans don't drink Molson one... sounds fun!