Wednesday, November 17

taking baby steps

I took the bus to a yarn shop I spotted the day. I swear I did a search when I first moved here and couldn't find anything. Apparently I didn't look hard enough. /Facepalm

I made it there ten minutes before closing time, and lingered over all the lovely sock yarns and I gotta say, if I make through knitting two socks, this will be the most expensive pair of socks I own. Then I wandered off towards the library and instantly got distracted by a quilting store, I've had to this itch to make a quilt. Now I've had two sewing machines sitting in my living room for a few months now, and other then mess around with a pillow case, I haven't touched them. Something to do with TV shows/Internet. I purchased 2 fat quarters and 2 half meters totaling 28.00 worth of material, and now I have to create a design. Insert panic and blank mind.

side note: I wanted to use bite the bullet as my title (because that was the phrase running through my head during this outing) but as a little wiki research, it totally didn't apply to yesterday. Although it does apply to this month and my personal life. But thats depressing, another day and post.

4 comments:

Lollie said...

Beautiful colours!
I set up my machine where I can see the tv. I have to watch and sew, otherwise I can't sew. LOL!

Bonnie said...

Oooo I think i have the same wool!...well not the same colours but the same type. Its the ones that make a pattern as you knit arn't they? I'm excited to see what you come up with for your quilt. I've always wanted to learn how to quilt. Ps...LOVE the picture :) keep it up <3

Lynnie said...

wool socks are the bestest.

~lynne

Rudee said...

The fabrics and yarn are beautiful. As far as the socks...well, you only have one pair of feet. What's wrong with a little luxury for something that bears all of our body weight day in and day out?

Don't look to me for restraint. I can rationalize anything when it comes to yarn.