Monday, October 19

Boiling..

The thoughts and words are boiling over in my head, and the heat of the stove is making my skin too warm, or perhaps it's this ugly black fleece robe. One to which I've attached my hatred.
  But for now I shall pen a few thoughts, so my mind is clear and I can continue to stash stuff in boxes with no rhyme nor reason. I hate moving, I hate starting over. I hate change unless it's well thought out. How can one pack properly? Part of me says well you should drag everything out of every corner, and do not mix bedroom things with kitchen things, and my good sense kicks in and says, you aren't rich and don't want all your earthly possessions destroyed by the evil Canada Post workers who hate their jobs.

 I had one of those days at work where you think, I don't know why I hate my job so much.. I was surprised when 6:30 rolled around.
 I found out today that I have approximately 7 weeks left of illness claim and I can open a new claim after I hit BC until I find a new job.
 Oh Jobs.. I don't even want to think about that. I want to study and work and be everything to everybody.

Am I meandering yet? Think of this as a Friday Fragment or something like that :)

On the knitting front, I have started a baby's bonnet from the 1844's. It may turn into a gift for my bestie's little girl who is a month away, or my little birdy's doll. The sad news is I had to rip out the first 6 rows and start over again.
 Ohhh I hate failure. I finished my care package blanket. but there is a dropped stitched. Oh, that gives me an idea? Mel, can I send it to you unfinished? I promise to be sending you your long overdue candles with it.

I could kick myself for having so much yarn to pack up and ship, because of all the weeks I had off, I could've whipped it into something productive at least.

The weather here has been East Coastish.. Mean and Stormy, days that make so happy for Terrace/West coast weather. People who complain about the weather in Terrace ain't seen nothing. They need to spend a full year out here, and from what I've heard this year is going to be a killer one for snow and I am slightly sad to miss that.

 But there is not a snowball's chance in hell that I am going to miss the freezing temperatures.

I have been compiling a list of my favorite newfie sayings, because as soon as I get home I will forget'em all. Like I tinks so, and best kind b'y.


No proofreading done.

4 comments:

Rudee said...

Where are you going?

I despise moving, which reminds me, we have to do it again in the spring.

Smellyann said...

Sure you can send it along, thanks so much, Darci!

Sorry you're having a rough time with the move. I hope things go smoothly and easy from here on out!

Lollie said...

Where ya'to? :)
Are you coming back? That'd be wonderful! I miss you!
Oh and I do complain about Terrace weather, thank you for giving me some perspective:)

Kelsey S said...

I'm with you on the change front. Any change that can be avoided, I well... avoid haha

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org