Thursday, February 5

Interview Me, Part 2

Smellyann said...


    How old are you?
Some days I am 19, other days I feel much older then my days. Most days I'm 26!


    Where did you grow up?
I grew up in small city of Terrace, in the Northwest Coast of B.C.  Home of the Kermode Bear,   a place where my dad's family homesteaded (in a small community about 30 min. north) The beloved community where my family still resides.


    How long have you been married?

699 days, or 1 year, 10 months, 27 days
 (today being Jan 27th)

 
    What do you want to do with your life?
Short answer:
What ever God wants me to do.
Long answer:
I want to touch the world so that in 10, 50 even 100 years after my passing, the things I do will leave a lasting impression. Preferably something along the lines of Mother Theresa not Adolf Hitler. I feel the deep call of my heart is to mother. Possibly my own children, but the next generation. Generation X, the children who are born and forgotten, abandoned.
 I don't  have a clear picture of how I want to do this in the long run yet. But as of now, I have 2 World Vision children in Africa, a boy and a girl the same age as my two youngest siblings.
 I want to be a supportive wife, who will stand behind and support her husband, to see him prosper and be successful in every good thing he sets his sights on.
 I want to be useful, be used in giving of love, because by giving away the one thing that money can't buy it will multiply it, and I may not see the returns tomorow, or even in my life time. But it's my great calling, to love my neighbor as myself. (still working on loving myself)

Isaiah 1:16-18
(NLT)
16 Wash yourselves and be clean!
Get your sins out of my sight.
Give up your evil ways.

17 Learn to do good.
Seek justice.
Help the oppressed.
Defend the cause of orphans.
Fight for the rights of widows.


18 “Come now, let’s settle this,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
I will make them as white as snow.
Though they are red like crimson,
I will make them as white as wool.

3 comments:

Jen Wilson said...

Great interview :)

Smellyann said...

Thanks for posting the answers to my questions! I love your replies. :)

Darci said...

Thanks and your welcome :)
I really enjoyed writing this way, it was much easier!